Monday, March 16, 2009

Two Month Check-Up

I am writing now after I put Jalen down for bed. I spent some extra time rocking him after he was finished eating and asleep, just thanking God for such a good baby and a healthy baby. I didn't want to put him down.



9 weeks has been the turning point around here. Since the day we got back from the doctor for his check-up, Jalen has been a super sleeper. I usually feed him at 8 pm and he sleeps until about 2-3 am, then wakes again around 8 am. This morning I got up at about 8:20 and he still wasn't up, and didn't get up until 9! This has happened for three nights in a row, so I am really really hoping this new pattern is here to stay. Of course, now that he has a bigger "Swaddle Me" blanket that fits him, he isn't waking up repeatedly unbundled and cold. Too bad Uncle Petey and Aunt Vanna didn't come visit sooner -- they didn't get to experience the excitement of the first several weeks. They will find out...




So yes, we have had company the past two weekends. Uncle Jake and Aunt B came to visit on their Spring Break. It really wasn't an exciting time as spring breaks go. But Jalen was glad to see them. And Uncle Petey and Aunt Vanna, and Marley were here this past weekend. Mace wasn't sure what to think of sharing his house and toys with another dog his size. I think they enjoyed annoying each other. But the high point of the weekend was that we all went out to dinner at Bonefish, including Jalen. It was exciting to be out at that time of the evening and to not be wearing a t-shirt and lounge pants.


On Friday, Jalen had his two month doctor visit. He now weighs 13 lbs 11 oz (95%) and is 24.5" long (90%). He did really well at the doctor considering he got stabbed 3 times for his first shots. Mommy did not like that.


His personality is really coming out and he is smiling, looking at things, watching basketball on tv, reading books with Mommy, and just sitting by himself in his bouncy seat and entertaining himself. His funniest thing is when he is feeling playful, he watches as I stick my tongue out and he mirrors me. It is hilarious! Here we go...monkey see, monkey do.

No comments:

Post a Comment