
Good morning, Bedhead!
I know, it's been a long time since I've posted anything. But let me tell you, it's a new day in the Welch house. A wormy, ornery, goofy, frustrated, busy, hungry, monkey boy has been switched in the night with my calm, sweet baby. And all that means two words: hands on. For example, I just this morning unpacked my suitcase and we returned home 8 days ago. I hadn't had coffee since Friday until this morning. Jalen turned 6 months old while we were home and transformed overnight into a "wanna-be" big kid. I say "wanna-be" because he WANTS to go somewhere but can't, and isn't happy about it.
Gone are the days of sitting and playing with toys and watching Mickey Mouse while Mommy fixes breakfast. The second day we were home I had to go out and get a walker and an activity table he could stand up at because we only had baby toys. (Yeah, I know, he's still a baby--try telling him that!)I know we say this all the time - probably every day - but I think he's getting some teeth soon. He's gotta be. I hope he is. And I can't wait for him to crawl, although I might regret that, but I think he will be happier when he learns to be independently mobile. I got one of those mesh feeder bag things, and frozen watermelon in that = happy boy.
In addition to all that, I had a stomach bug over the weekend. So Devan was a single Dad pretty much all of Saturday and Sunday. Talk about spending some quality time!
Here are a couple pics from our trip home:





Misty - I am hysterically laughing at Jalen's bed head in your pictures!! So darn cute!
ReplyDelete