Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Voice of an Angel :)

I think 16-17 months has been my favorite age so far. Jalen is saying so many new words now and surprises me everyday with something new and reminds me that I think he is the smartest kid who ever lived. It also helps that his tiny little voice is absolutely precious. He picks up things so quickly, like: when we are leaving home and drive over the railroad tracks, I say, "are there any choo choo's out there? No, no choo choo's." And now I don't have to say anything, he just says "No." In the most matter-of-fact way. "No. No." And it's probably an oxymoron, but that is one of the cutest words he says right now (remind me of that in a couple months).

He has also learned to say his own name. We were looking at pictures on the mantle the other night, and where he usually says "baby", this time he decided to say "Jalen"! It is precious. I try to get him to say it all the time. I have him on video that I will try to get uploaded soon.

And this will be one of my favorite memories for as long as I can hear his little voice in my head. After church this morning, we made a quick stop at the Dollar Store. While Devan and Jalen were grocery shopping, I went to the cleaning supplies and across the whole store I could hear, "Mama??!! Mama??" Not panicky, just like I know you're here and I'm going to find you. He keeps a close eye on his Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment