Thursday, July 22, 2010

WATER! Fountains

Last May I took Jalen downtown to Market Square to play in the water fountains. He did a lot of supervising of the other kids, and of course couldn't walk or stand on his own yet. The other day we made a trip back down there, finally, and Jalen loved it. He is a little fish and loves his WATER!

We started out at World's Fair Park and took a little stroll down to the huge circle of fountains they have. There are always tons of kids (and adults) cooling off, so it was pretty busy and the water was gushing a little too forcefully. Jalen got out of his stroller and walked up to the water, but he headed right back saying, "Bye bye water", and "Ride!"

So we took a stroller ride up several blocks to Market Square, and by 'up' I mean UP hill and several had to be at least 7, ...where the water was a trickle by comparison, and Jalen was the only one playing. It still took him a minute to get wet, but I talked him into putting his feet in the fountain and then he was hooked! The noise of the water rushing drowns him out, but see if you can hear him shouting "WATER! WATER! WATER!" It's so cute!

P.S. - Please know that Jalen did not drink out of that cup after it got washed in the fountain. I did have a backup!




No comments:

Post a Comment