
As most of you who read this know, Jalen made his first trip back home to McLeansboro to visit family and friends, so I won't spend much time writing about that. He did a great job traveling - put him in his carseat and start driving and it's like Nyquil for the little guy. (For now, I'm sure that will change!) He attended his first Foxes basketball game and spent all weekend with grandmas, grandpas and cousins. On the ride home, some crazy cop pulled us over, and without elaborating on that, we told Jalen to yell at him...AND HE DID! The whole time we were stopped he screamed bloody murder, and when we took off again he went back to sleep. Now you could say he wanted us to put the car back in gear and take off again, but I choose to think he likes to obey his parents' wishes. What a good little boy.
Jalen is 6 weeks old today and weighs a hefty 12 lbs 4 oz. I know this because on our trip to IL he caught a cold, and being new, cautious parents we took him to the doctor. (We now all have it.) I can tell he's gotten a lot bigger in 6 weeks, and is getting stronger. He likes to be carried around the house to look at things. Mostly ceiling fans and lights, but also the bathroom mirror and whatever's on the counter. I'm thinking (hoping) that he is in his 6 week growth spurt. He is up at seemingly all hours of the night this week. He could have gotten his routine messed up from the trip home, but I think that would be ironed out by now. I just hope he starts sleeping longer in a few days because Mommy is getting a little koo-koo. Thank goodness for weekends and Daddy.
I tried a new setup with J's bathtub that he seemed to like. He sits up more than reclines and sits deeper in the water which keeps him warmer. He started kicking his legs and splashing and I'm sure will be destroying the bathroom in no time now.



Cute pictures Misty!
ReplyDelete