Thursday, September 17, 2009

Recap of Labor Day Trip to So IL

Well, this is so very late, but you know what they say...
(everyone chime in) "Better late than never!"
I have a lot of catching up to do, so there may be multiple posts today or in the next few days. First, a recap of our trip back home. Jalen woke up a few times on the way there to help me sing along with the radio. We stayed busy most of the days, visiting lots and lots of good ol' Illinois folks. We made a few trips to Wally World, crashed a baby shower, went for a couple strolls through beautiful Dolan Lake, went to the DuQuoin State Fair, and attended a football game.
Jalen had his "serious face" on throughout the fair, as he looked around attentitively, studying the craziness all around him. He went through the petting zoo unimpressed (he does live with a pony), but we laughed as one of the animals -a deer I think- tried to eat Dad's shoe! Brianna will no longer push J in his stroller, as she was given a balloon for "her baby", and asked if "Mama" would come pick a duck and he would let her win! But I think Jalen's favorite part of the fair was the hot tub display. I heard him ask Pa-pa if he would buy him one of those!


The times we spent around the house, Jalen learned to love the good things in life - cardboard boxes.
Now he and Mace fight over who gets to play with the empty box.

A special treat for Jalen was when Papaw taught him how to drive the lawnmower. Maybe next summer he can start earning some cash and pulling his weight around here!

Watch out Papaw, I like to go fast!!
Driving back to TN was frustrating for the little man. For the first time, he didn't sleep the whole way or sing, he just wanted out. Frustrating for me was the fact that there was a torrential downpour and we couldn't go faster than 40 mph for part of the way. So, sorry to say I don't look forward to doing that again for a while! But you all know where to find us!

No comments:

Post a Comment