Monday, May 10, 2010

Road Trip to Indy

Where have we been lately? It seems like when I realize it's about time to make a new post, I check my camera and don't have any new pictures. I think I have a couple videos to upload though, so that will come next.
Last week, we bypassed all the rain in Tennessee by heading north to Indy. Devan had another training, and it fell on days that I was off work, so we decided to keep him company. I took my camera with me, but forgot to use it most of the time! The ride up there went pretty well - Jalen fell asleep almost instantly, then woke up and had lunch, and we were almost there by the time he got antsy. We checked in and went to check out the pool. I got Jalen new swim trunks and a life vest just for this trip, but sadly, Momma didn't trust the cloudy waters enough to get in!
The next day, we made a trip to Babies R Us (can't get away from that store) to find Jalen something to keep him occupied in the hotel. This is what we came away with: No, he doesn't like to shop. But he loves to push things with wheels. That evening we visited with friends Drew, Kim, and Rylon Gore who live near the Bowen Indy office now. Jalen and Rylon are a month apart in age and shared toys very well. Of course, the hit was Rylon's toy push mower (we think because it was the loudest)!
We hung out at the hotel and loaded the car the next day while we waited for Daddy to get done at work. We got everything packed up pretty quickly, but not before leaving a special surprise of Cheerios and Rice Chex for the friendly housekeepers! We made good time on the way home, until we hit stopped traffic due to construction and Jalen got bored/hungry all at the same time. Pit Stop! Before the next trip we will have to shop for a new dvd. Although Mickey and his Choo Choo Boogie are still very intriguing, I think Dad and I are ready to hear something else! I think I got my fill of 6-hour road trips for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment