Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ultrasound



Guess what?! We're having a GIRL!! Yes, that's right, its a little Sara or Michaela or Ashley or Shannon -- just kidding, none of those names are on my list. You didn't think I would spill the beans about that did you? We saw little Miss at our ultrasound today and she is very active, and weighs about 13 oz. Everything measured well and looks good with her. (Sidenote: as I type, Jalen is sitting on Mace's back demanding GO, GO, GO!! Do you think he wants to be a rodeo star?) Back to the appointment...I somehow did not gain any weight since last month although my belly is seriously growing. Because I'm doing so well, my doctor ok'd my chocolate milk habit and said whatever makes me happy, in moderation of course. (Yes, Devan, she did!) After that I went to Target and bought Baby Girl her first outfits. I spent at least three times longer trying to decide what to buy than I usually do with Jalen's clothes, because there are THREE TIMES AS MANY OPTIONS!!!! After that, I took advantage of my Mother's Day gift card to the spa (a.k.a. - work) and received a great relaxing prenatal massage. Finally, I couldn't just buy girl stuff and nothing for Jalen (I see how this is going to be) so my final stop was at Smart Toys and Books. Jalen got some picture "flash cards" and a new puzzle. Wow, all in all a really good day.

5 comments:

  1. PaPa Mike thinks that is wonderfull news. AWESOME!!!!! Jalen will be a caring brother I am sure. Glad everything looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! I am so excited to have my little flower girl.

    Uncle Greg says, "poor Jalen.. sisters get all the attention."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee another niece! I'm sure she'll be beautiful just like her mama.

    ReplyDelete